DAMAGE INSPECTION: THE PROCESS
How does the inspection work and what are you technically inspecting?
Experts inspect the entirety of the affected area, including floors, walls, ceilings, furniture, carpets, plumbing fixtures, building materials and more, to calculate the amount of loss suffered.. To properly scrutinize the affected area professionals will check for structural, exterior, and interior damage; starting from the outside to the inside of your building. In the case of extreme destruction, a property owner needs to keep photos or video of the initial damage to assist in the insurance process.
The exterior inspection includes checking if :
- the roof has collapsed by impairment
- granules are missing from shingles
- the chimney has sustained any damage
- there’s exterior seepagebroken windows
- or any other damage that can harm to the property